1. WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small text files stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, smartphone or other electronic device, if you agree, when you visit our website or app or view a message. Cookies allow a website or app to recognise a particular device, they do not harm electronic devices and they do not tell us who you are directly or provide us with any directly identifiable personal details about you.
2. HOW TO TURN OFF COOKIES
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our website. You can also manage the types of cookies you accept on our websites.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, you can visit the third party website: www.allaboutcookies.org
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit our website or use our app, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of your internet service provider. This information helps us to make it easier for you to log in when you return to our website or use our products and services.
- recognise your device whenever you visit our website or app (this speeds up your access to this as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our website and app;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and services and to help us better understand our users’ requirements; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
4. TYPES OF COOKIE
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and app and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Analytical / performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our website and app, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies. Also known as advertising cookies, these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on our website and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with this Website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and we have set out below how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
5. THE COOKIES WE USE
At BETR Technology t/a Koyo, we set and use some cookies ourselves, but only on our site. We refer to these as first party cookies. When cookies are served by another domain we refer to them as third party cookies, you should refer to their specific policies for more details. Please see what cookies we use below:
First Party Cookies
|koyo||koyoloans.com||365 days||This is strictly necessary and is used to detect if you have previously accepted to our usage of cookies.|
|koyo_acknowledge_once||koyoloans.com||365 days||This is strictly necessary and is used to display important information the first time you visit our website.|
|These are cookies that are used to attribute a loan application to a referring comparison site, they are strictly necessary cookies.|
|_cfduid||koyoloans.com||Session cookie that expires after 30 days|
This is a strictly necessary cookie which is placed on our web browser by Cloudflare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis.
You can find out more about Cloudflare on their website.
These are analytical / performance cookies which send anonymous aggregate reports about your site usage to Koyo.
You can find more information about these cookies and those not used by Koyo here: support.google.com/analytics
These are analytical cookies which are used to track your involvement in marketing tests (such as A/B tests) conducted by Google Optimize on our website.
You can find more information at: policies.google.com/privacy
Third Party Cookies and other tracking technology
|Facebook (wd, fr, _fbp)||1 week (wd), 3 months (fr, fbp)||We use Facebook cookies to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site.|
|AdRoll (__adroll, __ar_v4, __adroll_fpc)||1 month (__adroll), 6 years (__ar_v4), 1 year (__adroll_fpc)||AdRoll is an AI-driven marketing platform to help companies to increase traffic and conversion.|
You can find out more about the data AdRoll collects in their Service Privacy Notice.
|Workable (wmc, _gat, _gid, gtm_id)||10 years||Workable is a platform to help companies to hire talent. We use Workable to integrate the job posting service they offer.|
|Auth0 (auth0, auth0_compat, did_compat, did)||3 days (auth0, auth0_compat), 365 days (did, did_compat)||Auth0 is a platform to handle user authorisation and authentication. We use Auth0 to handle the login behaviour of our web portal that allows borrowers to manage their loans.|
You can find out more about how Auth0 processes your data in their Privacy & Cookies Notice.
|Stripe (__stripe_sid, __stripe_mid)||1 day (__stripe_sid), 1 year (__stripe_mid)||We use Stripe as a payment platform to allow borrowers to make additional payments to their loan balance.|
For further information please see Stripe's Privacy Center.
|LogRocket (_lr)||1 day (_lr_tabs, _lr_hb), Session (_lr_uf)||We use LogRocket for analytical purposes to monitor usage of our websites.|
We also use pixels or web beacons in direct marketing emails that we send to you. These pixels track whether our email was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. They also allow us to collect information such as your IP address, browser, email client type and other similar details. We use this information to measure the performance of our email campaigns, and for analytics.
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar tracking technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested.